Sunday, January 02, 2011

Secular Recovery comes to Modesto!

I feel a little resentful that my AA friends are allowed to tell their stories in hospitals, rehabs, and jails.  I would like to be able to tell others my story about my recovery without a higher power or stepwork. To that end, I've decided to affiliate with the secular group, LifeRing.  I see as AA2K, an upgrade to AA.  It captures the best of AA (social support) and eliminates the powerlessness barrier, the God barrier, the inventory & confession, and amends-making.  It is open to people with any history of chemical dependence, encourages people to give up tobacco, and encourages psychiatric pharmacological treatment.  It also allows people the freedom to avoid self-identifying as an alcoholic or addict.  Our local website can be found at modestolifering.org.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home